I hope everyone is excited for the start of our 2015 WTT (World Team tennis) season on Sunday July 19. This year we have 6 teams; The reigning 2014 Champions Blackhawk CC are back to try and repeat along with Crow Canyon CC , two teams from Round Hill CC and our newest addition Club Sport Valley Vista fielding two teams. The league will run seven weeks in the regular season ending August 30, a short break over labor Day weekend then 2 scheduled rounds of playoffs on Sep. 13 and 20. All matches begin at 3:00pm. 6 Singles lines followed by 6 doubles lines followed by 3 mixed lines. 15 total matches-each game won equals one point. Total number of points won will be the winner of the team match.
Why World team tennis?
The biggest reason I started this league was to create a fun but competitive environment close to our home Clubs; away from the stress, travelling and rules of USTA league play.
My goal is to have this league played at the highest level of sportsmanship possible. So with that I lead into our WTT Rule Book. It's not long and detailed like the LLARS!
1. Defaults or no shows are not acceptable.
2. Host Clubs are to provide snacks during the match (nothing fancy) as the matches will end before dinner time.
3. Please be respectful of each Club's policies. Dress code, pets etc. For example RHCC has a no outside food/beverage policy. I will update all Clubs policies and share once I collect them
3. New Tennis balls are required for each team match. (please give used match tennis balls back to the Club Pro)
4. If a player gets hurt during a match, a sub can step in as long as the level of player is the same or lower.
5. Line ups MUST be set with the correct ratings in each position. (this was the only issue I had last year over 10 weeks of play)
6. If a line is played with the incorrect rated player (too high) and the match is not competitive the winning player's points will be halved. For example 8-0 win is now 4-4 win
7. Please communicate with the other captains prior to each scheduled team match.
8. If the final team score is tied, a super tiebreaker will be played between the top mixed doubles line to determine.
9. I will decide with the other tennis Directors how we will determine playoffs.
Last Update: 07/14/15
RHCC Doubles Club Championship
2016 RHTC Doubles Club Championship
|01/30/16 - 04/17/16|
Contra Costa, CA